Holiday in Konya Turkey
Konya is one of Turkey's oldest continuously inhabited cities and was known as Iconium in Roman times. As the capital of the Seljuk Turks from the 12th to the 13th centuries, it ranks as one of the great cultural centres of Turkey.
Traveling Places of Konya Turkey
Mevlâna Museum: Located in Konya Turkey, is the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, a Persian Sufi mystic also known as Mevlâna or Rumi. It was also the dervish lodge (tekke) of the Mevlevi order, better known as the whirling dervishes.Sultan Alaaddin Kayqubad, the Selcuk sultan who had invited Mevlâna to Konya Turkey, offered his rose garden as a fitting place to bury Baha'ud-din Walad (also written as Bahaeddin Veled), the father of Mevlâna, when he died on 12 January 1231. When Mevlâna died in 17 December 1273 he was buried next to his father.Mevlâna's successor Hüsamettin Celebi decided to build a mausoleum (Kubbe-i-Hadra) over his grave of his master. The Seljuk construction, under architect Behrettin Tebrizli, was finished in 1274. Gurcu Hatun, the wife of the Selcuk Emir Suleyman Pervane, and Emir Alameddin Kayser funded the construction.The cylindrical drum of the dome originally rested on four pillars. The conical dome is covered with turquoise faience.However several sections were added until 1854. Selimoglu Abdülvahit decorated the interior and performed the woodcarving of the catafalques.The decree of 6 April 1926 confirmed that the mausoleum and the dervish lodge (Dergah) were to be turned into a museum. The museum opened on 2 March 1927. In 1954 it was renamed as "Mevlâna Museum".Over which was built in 1512 by Sultan Yavuz Sultan Selim's courtyard fountain off Seb-i are the (Wedding Night) pool and courtyard located in the northern direction selsebil called the fountain, is adding a different color.
Karatay Museum: Karatay Madrasa of Sultan Izz Keykavus II. The transfer orders by Jalaluddin Karatay, 649 Hijri (1251 AD) was built in the year. The architect is unknown. Used in the Ottoman Period Madrasa XIX. Was abandoned at the end of the century. Anatolian Seljuk era tile work in the important area with Karatay Madrasa in 1955. "Tile Works Museum" is open to visitors as. In the Karatay Museum, Lake Beyşehir edge Kubat-Abad Palace wall tiles between the excavation finds, ceramic and glass plates in the Konya Region, belonging to the Seljuk and Ottoman tiles and ceramic plates, and the plaster findings are exhibited.
Sircali Madrasa (Grave Monuments Museum): Grave Monuments Museum in Konya Selcuk era antiquities Sirjali the Madrasa 'also opened in 1960. Sircali Madrasa, built by Muslihi 1242 year Bedreddin, tile decorated with angle (courtyard) is one of the madrasa collected history and value tombstones in terms of art history of the cemetery expropriated in Konya Selcuk Period, Principalities and were exhibited are classified by the Ottoman Period. Also Tombstones, shapes, patterns and fonts are also evaluated taking into account and put into chronological order.
Aksehir Museum: Akshehir Archaeologists Museum: Hittite, Lydian Frigg, are exhibited in the Roman and Byzantine eras.
Ataturk Museum: Western Front during the War of Independence historic building used as headquarters of the Command, the Ataturk Museum in preserving features that day serves today.
Archaelogial Museum: Konya Archaeological Museum, opened in Mixed Secondary School in 1901. Then the Mevlana Museum in 1927. In 1953 it moved to the Mosque of Yarn. In 1962, establishing the present museum building was inaugurated. In the museum, Neolithic, Early Bronze Age, Middle Bronze Age (Assyrian trading colonies), Iron (Phrygian, Urartian,), Classic, Helenistlik, Roman and Byzantine periods are exhibited. Neolithic artifacts Cumra, Catalhoyuk, Mastering and excavations in suberin, Old Bronze Works; Infiltration and Karahoyuk excavations, Assyrian trading colonies era artifacts are uncovered in excavations Karahoyuk. Konya Alaeddin hill with Phrygian cap pieces found in excavations of Konya Karapinar Phrygian era are exhibited in various forms found in the mound in containers and Lydia doors. Again, from the mound Kıcıkışl Classical Age alabastron, Aryballos, there are lekythoi and Kylix. Worth the Archaeological Museum are works of Roman sarcophagi. Altar tomb stele from the Roman and Byzantine era and ossuaries are exhibited in the museum interior exhibition and garden. Siller Tatkoy and in Cumra Alibey hoyuk our museum relief excavations made by the 6th century AD, by removing part of the church floor mosaics are exhibited in our museum.
Ethnographical Museum: Regional Museum was built in the style of the building for educational purposes as the Ethnographic Museum was opened in 1975. The three-storey building's basement in photography, archival storage of goods and study work, which is still work in progress and there are households with heating section of the Carpet and Rug scheduled to open in 1999. In this section, Selcuk primarily found in the Ethnographic Museum store including Carpet example, the world's known a few carpet-rug from the Konya region considered to be one of the weaving center and the borders of Turkey carpets and rugs on the remaining famous carpet and rug weaving centers in will be displayed. On the ground floor exhibition hall and Dr. Mehmet Onder Conference Hall; offices on the first floor, administrative services, library and work warehouses. Purchase in the exhibition hall, gifts and more Konya and surrounding ethnographic works provided to the museum by transfer from other museums are on display. Madrasa slender minarets.
Stone and Wooden Works Museum: Seljuk vizier Ali Ata Fahreddin have to be taught by the hadith (663 AH) was built in 1254 year. Architect son of Abdullah is Keluk Seljuk stonework Wonders with embossed geometric and plant motifs of the crown on the door, which was written by the Seljuk sülüs "Yasin and Fatah" There sure are. The building's interior courtyard, iwan, classroom, and consists of students cells. Base of the minaret made of cut stones using coated material and is decorated with acanthus leaves in brick façade. Semi-pyramid-shaped triangle and twelve corners, corners of the body is made of turquoise glazed bricks double balconies. 1901 until it was destroyed by lightning first cheers. Was opened as a museum in 1956, the Selcuk, Principalities and are exhibited stone and wooden works of the Ottoman period.
Koyunoglu Museum and Library: Konya, one of the oldest families in A. R. Izzet Koyunoglu, history has collected for years in his home neighborhood Topraklık works has established a special museum and library. Have established then that was donated to the museum and library Konya Municipality. Konya Municipality to respond to every need of the modern museum understanding built has been brought to its present state. Ethnographic and archeological artifacts in the museum. Located in the museum garden of Izzet Koyunoglu house was opened to the public as an example of a typical house was restored in Konya Turkey. Supply of new and old buildings are a combination of civil architecture. Museum of writing, is very rich in printed works.
Ataturk Museum: Located at the Ataturk street structure was built in 1912. Building XX. Century is the national architectural specimens were donated by people from Konya Atatürk in 1928. Was opened as a museum in 1954. Use with the clothes on display in the Museum of Ataturk and describing the location of objects in Konya liberation war documents, photographs and newspaper clippings are exhibited.
Eregli Museum: Archaeological and ethnographic museum is exhibiting together. Turkish and Islamic Arts, Ethnography, Hittite, Phrygian, Greek, and Roman and Byzantine artifacts are exhibited in archeology section.
Sight Seeing: Rock Monuments Tuvana our most important cultural asset is the rock relief carved surviving the Kingdom of Eregli district 17 km. south of this day Hakapın the township Aydinkent village, this monument is built on a rock in one of the valleys in the northern outskirts of Toro 4:20 mx 2.40 m. in sizes. Ivriz history created by the rich waters from the deep snow of the Taurus in the stream of the source, it also gives life to Eregli ages plains where the water exits, is made specifically chosen. Due to the south-facing surface made of rock came to our time maintaining a fairly good eserdir.kabart the BC In this region in 800 years, until the country's most magnificent king of Tuva-pa-la-built by WAS. Behind and in front of the face of the God King has Hittite hieroglyphic writing. In this article, "I judge and hero Tuva, King of Var-pa-la-was, I sewed these vines was a prince in the palace, Tarhundas give them plenty and abundance" is called.
Sille (Siyata): Sille, Konya city center is 8 km. northwest is. Today the center is within the municipal boundaries, city buses are running. It is also an important center of early Christian period. White Monastery Hagios Khariton this period with another alias (st.charito's) was carved out of the rock by the Cistercian monks, including a lot. This monastery is one of the first monastery founded in the world.
Eflatunpinar Hittite Monument: Konya Province, Beysehir District is located in. Memorial W. Hamilton (1849) is the person who first news to the world of science. Then f.sarrev J. Garstang have issued separately. Monument is a water source. Relief on the edge of the rectangle is composed of stones. Losing the nature of the relief is engraved on the front kısmındaki14 pieces of stone blocks. The first plan of the monument is unknown. This monument is smaller than the outdoor memorial. Not carved into a natural rock block located on each part of the figure formed by laying the stones. The first construction of this monument is located next to the water supply catchment pool date has not been investigated. Figures on Eflatunpinar Monument stone blocks; the upper course of the sun, in the middle between the gods and goddesses he accepted figure, on the sides and the bottom figures hands to greet the gods and goddesses remove upwards. This monument is dated to the period of the Hittite Kingdom. Cleaning around Konya Museum Directorate of Monuments in 1996, and excavations began. 3.34x3 m monument in the study. rectangle measuring emerged as a planned part of the pool. At the bottom of the monument in 1998, has been found to work five more gods relief will continue excavations in the following year.
Kilistra Ancient City: Kilstr ancient city of Konya is 34 km. 16 km south west of Hatunsaray Parish. is located in the north west of the village limits Gokyurt. In studies BC III until it was found that placement. Of Lystra (Hatunsara to come Mistiya to Beysehir towards ongoing historical kings road (Vigor in sebos) is located on. Kilistra MS of the ancient city of the 7th century many rocks settlement with the carving of Cappadocia like soft rock was formed. Expenses in 1998, the Special Provincial Administration Department by the name of Konya Museum Directorate to meet held salvage excavation works, the cross shaped chapel, Hyacinth Church, Great Water Cistern and musts households in cleaning restoration is made of environmental regulations. Cross planned chapel inside and outside is less coincides with the nature of his wife due to the solid rock cavities MS 8 st Century-Overview belongs. Hyacinth Church in the MS 8.y.y belongs is large cistern of Age Byzantine ornamentation reflects the era shows mutual monolithic rock-cut four pillars to sit on three-nave plan. Double musts households carved're into mutual monolithic two records If it is in a complex environment. Eastern Shirahane the threshold of the entrance door to the BC Il of an inscription giving the city's name. Of rock-carved Byzantine period were uncovered two houses. Kilistra ancient city is in fairly widespread rock cavities settlements. Here next year's excavation and cleaning work to do in Urgup, Goreme to ensure that such a touristy place.
Karahoyuk: Konya city center is 15 km. south east is Harmancik neighborhood. Transportation is provided by municipal buses. Ord. Prof. Dr. Sedat Alp is chaired by the ongoing excavation began in 1953, at least for a long time to work on one of the oldest Turkish excavations. The mound in the research at the BC Karahoyuk 3000 (Early Bronze Age-BC., 2000 Assyrian trading colonies cycle) has been understood that the settlement is, 27 were built solid. Of Konya, BC 3000 and are known to shed light on the history of 2000. Anatolia is one of the most important ruins of the old city. Karahoyuk are documents describing the cultural and commercial relations of the finds from the excavations cycle. Hittite Empire period before that is the center of the most important finds of old Bronze Age art of seal in the southern part of Central Anatolia. Grafitol container brands and some seals assist in the investigation of early stages of writing in Anatolia. Spouted pitchers, cups, jugs clover, rhyton and grape bunches are shaped lamps and other artifacts is also characteristic works of the horseshoe-shaped scarves cycle. The finds are exhibited and maintained in Konya Archaeology Museum.
Oren of Bolat: Bolat plateau ruins, Let, the district is located Temasalik Bolat staying in the village limits. The ancient city is history as Literataür name Astra, west and north of the county Let Hadim 17 km. away. Hellenistic, it is understood that the surface finds from the Roman and Byzantine eras been settled. Ruins of the city that is considered important; necropolis, bouleterion, churches and great works. Konya Museum Directorate of rescue and cleaning works have been done on 1992-93-94. Necropolis It is south of the city. A.D. There are plenty of tombs belonging to the 3rd century tomb stele and parts. In Stellar; bull heads, vine, grapes and medusa heads are processed. Stellar is processed in the human figure.
Bouleteferio: It is west of the city. Has been established at a high point. A portion of the Cave area survived.
Selcuks Mansion: The interior of the castle is on the northern outskirts of translating the Alaeddin Hill. In the palace. Is likely to belong to Kılıchaslan. Pavilion, Alaeddin Keykubat I have been repaired by expanding the time, mortar on a square plan and made twice as bricks, mud and debris are reinforced with a six-fold. Pavilion consists of a wall piece devastated today. Last time this one concrete walls were made to maintain the road in 1961 with an umbrella. Kubadabad Palace On the southwest shore of Lake Beyyehir, one of the areas near the village Heyri üzerindeiri.1236 built by the Seljuk Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat I. 35x50. size is a summer palace. Between the years 1950-1953 Mehr Umeda Leader and tiles and panels that are found in archaeological excavations has been removed by Zeki Oral Tile Works Museum in Konya. Palace, Maiden Tower, shipyards, hammam, etc. is ruins. 35x50 m. Among the ruins of the palace by the lake shore in size but has been involved in the terrace of the palace.
Yerkopru Cave: Konya Province, Let district near the border, is located in the Goksu Valley. Kayagiz of-Habib through the cave Konya-Karaman out of the village is reached by a 116-kilometer journey. We also found that the cave Goksu valley can also be reached via Mersin-Silifke. The village roads are stabilized. The cave is completely located within a travertine tuff. The nature of Turkey is one of the most beautiful caves.
Goksu River: This travertine caves formed under the 5000 m. as long. Sifolan cave is where the water goes down. At the outlet of the cave, the Goksu River, flowing out of the outside part of the cave. Nature unites with the other sections to create wonderful waterfalls and deep blue lakes continue creating Goksu River.
Cave Konya Province: Is located in the town of Beysehir township summerhouse with Derebucak township. Konya - Beysehir - Grape-Manavgat road 45 km of paths separated from the summerhouse or Derebucak out, this is achieved by a stabilized road connecting the two settlements. Summerhouse 5 km. Derebucak 6 km. 3 is located away from the cave with Suluin Körükini miles. northwest arrival. The total length of 1830 meters of the cave and sinkhole has two entries in the source location. To start the cave is composed of two different levels on top. Sure of the upper floor is completely covered with cave clay fossil branch. Downstairs is the main gallery which water can only be passed by walking through water during periods when the water is low. Only passable using a 5 m deeper than 3 small pool pass technique or a bot. Travertern, Sculptures Room, Witches and Giants won are worth to be seen.
Korukini Cave: Konya district of the province due to Beysehir, summerhouse town of 500 m. A gravel road leads to the cave in the southwest. The total length of 1250 m. The inside of the Uzunsu Korukini Cave Creek passes. Then to the water mill in Mill Valley from the cave to enter the cave. The use of active bots in the cave is completely even waterfalls that pass water from the rock blocks also requires experience. Write to enter the cave and autumn is the best time. In spring, excessive water siphons can be dangerous due waterfalls.
Sulu (Mill of) Cave: Summerhouse connected to the town of Konya Beysehir District 500 m.Gravel road leads to the cave in the southwest. The Uzunsu emerging from the cave creek Korukini 100 m. Mill Valley enters the cave along the length of the mill flowing in the rocks. Here the water moves out through the giant boulder waterfalls, caves continue as a gallery and a 150 m wide and high. eventually reach the big lake.
Sakaltutan Cave: Seydişehir near the province of Konya District. Seydisehir cave is reached by way of Sulaymaniyah Village-Mortaş. Total depth of 303 m Sakaltutan cave with a vertical cave.
Susuz Cave: The cave is located in the waterless village in the district Seydişehir. Active cave, one of which has two inputs 60 m vertical and the other horizontal landing. The total length of the cave is about 2000 m. The flow of the underground river through the cave is observed. Especially in spring entered the cave can be dangerous.
Tinaztepe Cave: Cave Konya-Seydisehir 35 km from Manavgat towards Seydishehir. Hotel is located at. The total length of 1650 m. Depth of 65 m. The cave is located on the southwestern slopes of Tinaztepe. Fossils and consists of two parts, namely active. If the fossil section to be entered in the spring months, the number of 5 who need to be passed to the boating lake. The result of the reduction of the water in the autumn same gallery passable by walking. After the fifth lake in the cave is 30 m descent into the Great Hall of the bride. This room ends in a goal.
Pinarbasi Cave: Located south of the lake southwest of Beysehir Kizilova Polje is located on the slopes. A path separated from the Beysehir-Derebucak road through the village to the reaching of Pinarbasi Kizilova Polje. The cave is just around the village. Pinarbasi is a horizontal developed in Krestas limestone cave on a pronounced fault. Had to pass through a large karstic springs and lakes located in the cave siphon. Therefore, it is difficult to investigate a cave. It is also rich in terms of Driptone last degrees. Big Duden Waterfall The cave is Derebucak district of Konya Province. After the way the Konya-Beysehir-Derebucak direction of discharge from Derebucak', the 18th of kilometers, Kembos Plain is located on the west coast. Width of 1 km. length of 15 km. which Kembos Plain, melted snow in spring and especially come collected water is drained by Uzunsu Creek Sinkhole is from another button with Faizullah. This sinking water Atınbesik those sinkholes sinkhole water through the cave is involved in Manavgat Antalya. Although not a touristic importance of the cave, it is important to speolojik angle. 714 m. from the buttons on the length of many lakes, there are giant whirlpools and siphons. Feyzullah Sinkhole Duden, the Konya Province, about 25 km from the district Derebucak. away. Is an active sinkhole in the property in the spring, it drains the waters of Functioning Polje.
Zazadin Khan: During the reign of Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat (633-Hijri year 1236 in Milan) was built by the Seljuk vizier Sadettin Kopek orders. The cottage was built in types and courtyard formed from the merger of the winter type. Han's height 104 m., The width of 62 meters. Un-Islamic nature of the outer wall of stone has been used in some of the works of the cycle parts. Konya and Aksaray road is a parish in the 25th Km Tomek.
Kizilvir Khan: Konya-Beyşehir is on the way to Konya to 44 km. away. It was built in two types of winter and one for summer.
Obruk Khan: An example of the Anatolian Selcuk's period, the inn is also founded on the trade routes Obruk Khan. Sinkhole Han, Istanbul is on the road connecting Aksaray.
Sultan Bath: Sultan Hamam larende street belonging to the owner of Ata Complex continues to operate today.
Sems-i Tabrizi with Sherafeddin Mosque: Mosque lived in the importance given to the cleanliness of our nation with historic features (Turkish bath) is continuing its activities with the characteristics court bath.
Meram Bath: Meram Excursion, made history during the reign of the principality located in the bridge output Meram Bath, has attracted the attention of wind and foreign visitors.
Square Bath: Akshehir year in 1329, built by Emir Bywater Sherafeddin bath serves today.
Central Bath: Akshehir Grand Mosque Central Bath has remained from the Seljuks in the street, the governor of Konya in 1900 by Avlonyal Ferit Pasha passed through serious maintenance and repairs. Former Grand Mosque located in the south of the Principality Karamanoglu old bath cold cycle works, continues to serve with temperature and furnace parts.
Alaeddin Mosque: Anatolian Seljuk period is the largest and oldest mosque in Konya Turkey. Alaeddin with a high mound in the center of town was built on the hill. Was started in the Selcuks Sultan Masud Rüknettin In recent times, Kılıcaslan II (1156-1192) continued with the construction of the transfer is completed and opened by Sultan Alaeddin II in 1221. Mosque was built in the style of Islamic architecture structure. Over the trees and ground covered. Inside the columns are reminiscent of the forest. Byzantine and classical cycle consists of 41 stone marble columns. One of the most interesting part is the pulpit of the mosque. The ebony pulpit is intertwined, are the most beautiful examples of Anatolian Seljuk wood processing. In 1155 Ahlat'l is a masterpiece by Meng I Berti. Susul front of the altar with ceramic tiles is a field covered with ornate dome. Tiles of the altar and the dome is partially disassembled.
Spinners Mosque: Aladdin is on the street. It was built after Semseddin Altınob to 1201 year, Somuncu extended by Abu Bakr, was renewed. (1332) Mosque Mosque Yarn spinners took the name for which the marketplace. 1951-1960 mosque was used as the Museum of Classical Antiquities, was opened for worship in 1960 again.
Owner Ata Mosque and Complex: Anatolian Seljuk Empire by the Queen in 1258 Horse Owner - tomb mosque was built between the years 1283, consists of hanigah and hammam. Architect Abdullah Bin is Kelluka.
Sadrettin Konevi Moque and Tomb: Konya is the neighborhood of Sheikh Sadrettin. Was built in 1274 year. Front door of the inscription said Sadrettin Konev is originally from Malatya, Konya settled, when the one known information. Muhiddin have seen Ibn collected from Arabia and finishing, hadith science are taught in hanikah in Konya Turkey. Rumi has been linked with a deep love.Tomb is east of the courtyard of the mosque. Open is the only surviving example of the type of tombs. The shape of the tomb of the Seljuk tombs similar. Trunk open, rule over the tomb of marble processing, there is a wooden cone-shaped square cage sitting on a tambura.
Sems-i Tabrizi Moque and Tomb: Serafettin Mosque, formerly located in the north of Shams Park Cemetery. Abdurrezakoglu current structure in 1510 by the Emir Ishak Bey was overhauled and expanded with Mescitli. The first structure is proposed to be held at the 13th Century. But who knows where built by